This new trailer range is priced to compete with trailer manufacturers from Sleaford and Scotland, while keeping the design and build quality that Larrington Trailers are known for.
Like all Larrington trailers, the Harvester trailers are constructed from steel that is folded and formed on our 8m brake press and cut on our 8m plasma cutter, which means they are made from one piece of steel where our competition joins smaller pieces together. This makes the Harvester trailer stronger from the start and it looks better too!
The chassis is built from 250 x 150 x 8mm RHS box section 50 D Grade, which is a similar design to the one our competition uses, but with improvements (as detailed below).
We are delighted with this new trailer and the response we have had at the LAMMA show. Before you make your next trailer purchase, visit your local Larrington trailer dealer and see the trailer for yourself, we are confident that you will be pleased with what you see!
- Drawbars have swivel stands that fold out of the way but do not need removing.
- You can easily change the Drawbar's angle if you change the height of your tractor or tyre size.
- Hydraulic hoses run within a channel under the chassis. This keeps them safe and easy to get to, not hidden away inside the chassis frame.
- Since 1996 we have been building trailers with single tip rams, and these trailers are no exception. They have a 175mm bore five stage ram which needs less than 100psi of oil pressure per ton to lift the loaded body to an angle of 53°, our competition only lift their bodies to 50 degrees and use a much greater amount of oil pressure to push their bodies off their chassis.
- A major improvement is the design of the suspension. Other manufactures fit springs that are only 76mm wide and range from three to four leaf, so depending upon the position and width of track, users can experience body roll. Larrington Trailers have designed the Harvester trailer for maximum stability by fitting a 100mm wide four leaf spring which stiffens up the suspension system and reduces body roll.
- Full commercial ten stud axles are fitted having the 406 x 120 brakes set at 1900 track. This helps to further increase stability, and means we can offer you single line hydraulic brakes or twin line air brakes.
- The body is formed in full lengths of steel with the two side plates formed from 4mm. The single bottom floor plate is formed from 6mm plate. This offers a very smooth exit for all crops from the inside of the body and particularly when tipping potatoes which can be damaged by cross welds which other trailer manufacturers use to join the floor sheets.
- A full vision front grill with plastic cover, which can be removed when using the trailer with root crops, is included.
- A newly designed tail-door which lifts the door upwards first and then pivots the door open. This idea is in use by other manufactures and is well tried and tested but Larrington Trailers have gone one stage further; welded bushes that turn against the holding plates when the door closes reduce wear on the locking pins. The holding plates can also be adjusted to maintain the seal around the door edge. This is unique to the Larrington build and design, helping to reduce wear, maintenance and down time.